Milaheim Online - Virtual Reality RPG RP

Welcome to Milaheim Online, a virtual reality MMORPG text roleplay based on Sword Art Online and Alfheim Online.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mirrel's ability requests

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Mirrel's ability requests on Fri Sep 13 2013, 14:48

"So, given that I will reach level 5 as soon as I turn in the wolf-pelt quest, I guess I should request an ability now. Back to you, creator"

Welp, as Mirrel just said, I'm gonna request an ability now. A significant part of this is that I'm not sure if the ability I'm creating conforms to the rules, so I need time to discuss this before Saturday kicks in.

Here's the drill.

Name: "Crusader Path: [Sacred Arms]", or just [Sacred Arms] for short.
Type: Active
What it does:
-Creates a single equipment made out of holy light; acts as a white/common-rarity piece of equipment with equivalent stats(so a sword would have stats in STR and AGI, while a shield would have stats in DEF and STR).
-Only one [Sacred Arms] may be in action at a time
-The created item is always Holy-elemental, and if a weapon, melee(barring throwing weapons like javelins)
-May only create melee/throwing weapons and shields
-Stats on the equipment scale with both the character's level and [Wisdom] score, likely up to 3*[Level] just like normal equipment.
-Overwrites Mirrel's main/left hand weapon while active(yes, she's a leftie), nullifying the bonus she gets from there.
-Can either last until dismissed, or lasts for (x) hits every time it's cast, with x being an integer with a maximum of 3 (with the exception of throwing weapons like javelins, which only last for one use each).
-Is a requirement of the majority of her offensive skills later on
-Cast time: 1.0 seconds

I'm basically leaving the details and numbers to the GMs, but for a test...

Sacred Arms[Active][Level 1]
Creates a single melee weapon, throwing weapon, or shield from holy light; acts as normal equipment with total stats equal to (level+wisdom)/2, up to (level*3) stat points. Overwrites Mirrel's left hand weapon while active. Lasts for 3 hits(melee,shield) or 1 shot(throwing). Holy-elemental, 1.0 second cast time.

Sacred Arms[Active][Level 2]
Creates a single melee weapon, throwing weapon, or shield from holy light; acts as normal equipment with total stats equal to [(level+wisdom)/2]+1, up to (level*3)+1 stat points. Overwrites Mirrel's left hand weapon while active. Lasts for 3 hits(melee,shield) or 1 shot(throwing). Holy-elemental, 1.0 second cast time.

View user profile

2 Re: Mirrel's ability requests on Sat Sep 14 2013, 16:23

Okay, interesting. So what you're proposing is that your skill gives you (WIS+LVL)/2, which at level 5, would mean... assuming that you're entering all your skill points into WIS, it would mean (8+5), so 13, divided by two, which would be 6½, rounded down to 6... So you would have 6 stat points to allocate to a weapon; as if you had crafted it. It would have a maximum stat capacity of (LVL*3), which would be 15. However, for being powerful, it only last a few hits, 3 for a melee weapon/shield, or 1 for a ranged weapon.
The only major problem I see here is that it's very spammable, compared to it's power for a beginning weapon.
(1 STR, vs potential 6 STR)
It also seems like a very cheap way to get away from having to actually craft a weapon, which would require you to get one of each material from mobs....
It is indeed a very complicated ability, as well.
You've also mentioned the 1 STR / 5 WIS road, which seems easier to handle, but much less exciting.
For now, I'll have no decision untill you've answered here, or in the other forum though I would prefer if you answered here, and then I'll have a look.

3 Re: Mirrel's ability requests on Sat Sep 14 2013, 17:02

True; one of my concerns is that the skill is too strong the way it's set up right now, and I wouldn't need to craft a weapon with it.
I was thinking about reducing its strength so that it will never reach the level of a properly-socketed blue weapon, or at least on par with it, but it still is something that'll get me away from needing to craft a weapon(although I will need to craft WIS-increasing armor to strengthen the skill)
Such as making the stat formula to be (WIS/4), with a cap of (Level+5) stat points or something.
Then again, as stated above, it either will give me one less equipment to craft, OR become too underpowered to be worth using - and it's a requirement for her other offensive skills later on.

So how about this:
Sacred Arms[Active][Level 1]:
Creates a rapier of holy light, infusing it into Mirrel's left hand weapon if she has one, giving it the Holy element and adding 1 stat points' worth of magic damage for every 6 Wisdom. Provides minor illumination. Lasts for 3 attacks, 1.0 second cast time.

Sacred Arms[Active][Level 2]:
Creates a rapier of holy light, infusing it into Mirrel's left hand weapon if she has one, giving it the Holy element and adding 2 stat points' worth of magic damage for every 8 wisdom. Provides minor illumination. Lasts for 3 attacks, 1.0 second cast time.

So essentially, it's a simple weapon buff that increases attack power for every (x) points of WIS, with the added bonus of making it Holy and glowing(hence the 'minor illumination' part).
I'm still a bit iffy about making it add 'magic damage', though, as an attack that deals composite damage tends to be a bit complex. The magic damage part is mostly to determine how enemy resistances affect it(so a physically immune enemy would still take minor damage from the magic part) but still.

View user profile

4 Re: Mirrel's ability requests on Sat Sep 14 2013, 17:40

So to make sure I'm reading correctly; the idea is that your weapon, when you attack, deals both "Physical" and "Magical" damage, with a illumination, correct?
So using the "numbers" damage indication thing that I have no clue what to call, you'd (while it was active) deal (15*STR)+(15*(WIS/6 rounded down).. which would be (15*8)+(15*1) = 120 Physical Damage and 15 Magical Damage, correct?
Also, the glow might be interesting. I could imagine making an event in which having some sort of illumination could be useful. And don't worry about mixing physical and magical damage, for now, at least.

If you really like the first skill over the second skill, you could make restrictions on it's use; as an exmaple, only being castable out of combat, or having a longer cast time.

View user profile

5 Re: Mirrel's ability requests on Sat Sep 14 2013, 18:03

As I have discussed with you in chat, your skill is deemed viable, and has been accepted.
Have fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum